Dun Laoghaire Pier, Dublin - 987
Watercolour print of the East Pier and Lighthouse, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin.
William Bligh, of 'The Bounty' fame, mapped Dublin Bay in the early 1800's and proposed a refuge harbour be built at Dún Laoghaire. Construction of the East Pier began in 1817 and a few years later the West Pier. Dun Laoghaire was renamed Kingstown after the visit of George IV in 1820, a name that stuck til Independence 100 years later.
This painting is available as a Limited Edition run of 200 prints using Epson Archival inks on supreme quality Hahnemuhle Traditional Fine Art paper. See dropdown menu above to see size, price and framing options.