Arnotts and Henry Street, Dublin - 392
Henry Street, Dublin on a rainy Saturday afternoon, one of Dublins busiest shopping streets, dominated by Arnotts Department store who have been plying their trade since 1843.
The street was named after the Earl of Drogheda, Henry Moore, who designed and constructed it. Other streets named after Henry Moore include Moore Street, Earl Street and Drogheda Street.
Arnotts is the biggest and oldest department shop in Dublin, though the original store was ruined in a fire in 1894. It is rumoured that Constance Markievicz ordered fifty uniforms from Arnotts for the Irish Citizen Army.
Twiggy the English model drew great crowds to Arnotts in 1966 when she performed in a fashion show there. Arnotts is synonymous with Dublin GAA as it sponsored the team for over seventeen years.
This painting is available as a Limited Edition run of 200 prints using Epson Archival inks on supreme quality Hahnemuhle Traditional Fine Art paper. See dropdown menu above to see size, price and framing options.